An angle grinder is one of the versatile tools which are used for cutting, sanding, grinding, and polishing of metal, tile, wood, rebar, and what not! Even for some of the small DIY projects, you need a good angle grinder. But most of the angle grinders may not prove safe or the best. Hence, we have come up with the best angle grinder under 100.
These angle grinders we have chosen after a bunch of research which was not an easy task to do. Yet, we have done it and hope, our various models of angle grinder will be a great help to your next buy!
Here is a quick list for you:
|DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool (DWE402)||Check Price|
|Bosch 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder 1375A||Check Price|
|Makita 9557PBX1 Angle Grinder||Check Price|
|BLACK+DECKER Angle Grinder (G950)||Check Price|
|PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Angle Grinder Tool (PCC761B)||Check Price|
|Hitachi G12SR4 6.2-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder||Check Price|
|CRAFTSMAN Small Angle Grinder Tool (CMEG100)||Check Price|
|Ryobi P423 18V 10,400 RPM Grinder||Check Price|
8 Best Angle Grinder under 100 Reviews
An angle grinder’s main two parts that a consumer finds are its motor and disc size. The best angle grinder should be versatile, safe, and easy to use. Let’s go through all our topmost and best picks for the angle grinder.
1. DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool (DWE402)
Throughout our whole research, the DEWALT’s DWE402 angle grinder topped the list being our most favorite. With some of the most convenient features, this angle grinder is the best angle grinder under $100. The angle grinder is low-priced yet its materials are way comfortable.
Offering a next-gen 11 Amp AC/DC feature, the grinder’s motor delivers a speed of 11000 RPM. It confirms the perfect balance of the power to its size and weight. The gripping is comfortable and the gripping surface is uniquely built.
The side handle that is designed on this upgraded version is also ergonomic and feels effortless even after long use. With the quick-change wheel release feature, the grinder allows removal of the wheel without the help of other tools.
To ensure the maximum cutting depth, the tool is constructed with a spindle lock button. Constructing in a unique way, the grinder is equipped with many durability features.
- Featured with a DEWALT dust ejection system for the ejecting the harmful dust and debris.
- Comes with an oversized brush for the longer lifespan of the brush.
- Equipped with a 1-touch guard for the rotation of the guard at a 360-degree angle.
- Comes with a spindle lock button that is protected and top-mounted.
- Ergonomic side handle and excellent power to weight/ size ratio.
2. Bosch 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder 1375A
After the model from DEWALT, the Bosch 1375A angle grinder attracted our eyes for its compact appearance and great building features. The 4-1/2 inches tool comes with a great combination of price, comfort, and convenience.
Offering easy using process and operating comfort, the grinder is equipped with a two-position side handle. The handle helps in power through any larger operation with maximum comfort and ease. The grinder is a workhorse with its 6 Amp powerful motor.
The motor offers a speed of 11000 no-load revolutions per minute (RPM) that allows the fabrication of any metal and cutting off any tile or rebar. The lock-on/off slide switch provides an easy application of the tool for years.
To confirm the maximum durability, the grinder’s Service Minder brushes stop when it requires maintenance. Overall, this one from Bosch’s is the best lightweight angle grinder.
- Weighing only 3.08 pounds, the grinder is compact and lightweight.
- For professional grinding, cutting, and polishing, the grinder is equipped with a 6.0 Amp powerful motor offering 1100 no-load rpm.
- Built with epoxy-coated field windings for the protection from abrasive and harmful dust.
- A spindle of 5/8-inch to 11-inch that is versatile and delivers a comprehensive layout of sizes.
- Featured with lock-on switch, Service Minder brush method, and burst-resistant guard for user comfort and security.
3. Makita 9557PBX1 Angle Grinder
Meeting the customer needs, the Makita 9557PBX1 angle grinder is also slaying the grinder market. The built-in aluminum case equipping the grinder protects the tool from harsh treatment. With a 7.5 Amp motor, the tool offers excellent efficiency and higher performance.
Offering you the option of alternating power source, the grinder has an AC/ DC switch. The 2.5-inch barrel grip is ergonomic as well. The rotating gear housing option can be angled in 90-degree for better convenience.
For the smooth operation, the lock-off/on feature helps efficiently. Providing higher output throughout the generator, the angle grinder works just right. To ensure longer durability of the grinder it is engineered with labyrinth construction seals.
The feature also saves the tool from unwanted dust and debris. To protect the tool from excessive heat, the thicker coil wires are featured. In the whole, the Makita 9557PBX1 angle grinder is one of the best angle grinders 2020.
- A 7.5 Amp motor that delivers a speed of 11000 RPM at best for higher operation.
- Lock-off/on switch for non-stop and smooth generation and AC/DC switch to have alternative caliber sources.
- Remarkably large paddle switch and well-upholstered coil wires for comfortable and safe running.
- Rotatable metal gear housing and bearing design for confirming longer durability.
- Equipped with defensive zig zig varnish to protect the grinder from dust and debris.
4. BLACK+DECKER Angle Grinder Tool (BDEG400)
Offering the most lightweight materials, the BLACK+DECKER BDEG400 angle grinder is our other selective model. The sleek featured tool delivers versatile purposes along with some smaller projects. Delivering a speed of 10,000 RPM, the tool is way affordable.
The grinder is equipped with a three-position side ergonomic handle that controls angles and materials. To get the job smoothly done, the motor of the grinder offer high-potency. The grinder arrives with a metal gear case for high durability.
For easy setup, the grinder is engineered with a spindle lock. The on-off switch is featured for convenient use. The tool is designed with the best material possible despite being low-pricy. To ensure a longer lifespan even after using on various materials, the grinder is perfectly constructed.
Overall, the BLACK+DECKER angle grinder most probably is the best angle grinder for woodworking out there.
- Weighs only 4.49 pounds and comes in a lightweight and great price value.
- Featured with a 6 Amp motor that offers 10,000 RPM speed and grinding, sharpening, and cutting features.
- Comes with a 3-position side handle and metal gear case ensuring longer durability and controls over the various operations.
- Featured with on/off switch and spindle lock for smooth accessory changes.
- Built with durable materials and convenient features.
5. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Angle Grinder Tool (PCC761B)
Most probably the PORTER-CABLE PCC761B is the best cordless one that is built ensuring maximum convenience of the user. Its motor provides high-performance producing a speed of 8500 RPM which is huge considering the price and material.
The grinder also has a 3-position side handle. The handle is built in a way that can be controlled while using multiple angles and positions. The handle is contoured and over-molded to confirm increased ease and comfort.
The grinder also comes with a tool-free guard that offers an easy and quick guard adjustment. Housing with the cast metal gear, the grinder lasts long even after aggressive grinding, polishing, and cutting. For speedy wheel changes, it is also equipped with a spindle lock.
For high redaction, the cordless grinder has a 20V Max system. In total, this grinder is the best budget cordless angle grinder available in the market.
- Engineered with 20V Max System in cordless performs and offers high-performance.
- Comes with a motor that produces 8500 revolutions per minute.
- Constructed with 3-position side handle that is contoured and ergonomic.
- Coated with cast metal gear to resist overheat and comes with a tool-free guard.
- Comes with a wheel diameter of 4.5 inches and a spindle lock.
6. Hitachi G12SR4 6.2-Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder with 5 Abrasive Wheels
Under 100$, the Hitachi G12SR4 angle grinder is also a reliable one for all your grinding projects. With a 6.2 Amp motor, this grinder is named again as the Metabo HPT. For ensuring tough grinding tasks, the motor of the grinder provides an output of 980-W.
The grinder offers its buyers five abrasive wheels and a case for bearing the tool. The grinder is powerful and comes at an excellent price value. The power of the grinder indicates its efficiency on every grinding and cutting task possible.
Being the versatile one, the grinder has a larger paddle switch and wheel guard for easy control over the whole operation. The forward canted side handle is removable and also, comfortable for both left and right-handed people.
All-up, the tool is versatile and suitable for bronze, steel, and aluminum finishing and grinding of welded sections.
- Weighing 4 pounds the grinder has five grinding discs and a carrying case to offer.
- The grinder has a motor of 6.2 Amp delivering the highest 980W output.
- The whole tool also includes a side handle, wheel guard, and spanner wrench.
- Featured with both spindle lock and trigger lock.
- Engineered with left mounted slide switch built with durable materials.
7. CRAFTSMAN Small Angle Grinder Tool (CMEG100)
With a 6 Amp motor, the CRAFTSMAN CMEG100 angle grinder is also a versatile one that we could not resist ourselves from putting this in the list. Producing 12000 RPM, the grinder motor delivers high-speed and high-performance proficiency.
For the easy and quick setup and adjustment, the company offers a tool-free guard. Also, for the quick changing of the discs, it has a spindle lock. The 3-position handle comes with a great knack and allows comfort and control while applying on different materials.
The grinder can be used on different angles. For the VERSATRACK Wall Organization System, the grinder is absolutely compatible. The most convincing part of the angle grinder is its limited warranty of 3 years.
In total, the CRAFTSMAN grinder is a trustable one that will be a good decision for any DIY’ers out there. Making a clean and quick operation, the tool works great.
- Comes at a weight of 4.56 pounds and a 4.5-inch grinder.
- Featured with a 6 Amp motor and produces 12000 RPM speed while operating.
- Comes with a 3-position side handle and a tool-free guard for maximum efficiency.
- Spindle lock is adjusted for changing of wheels quickly.
- Arrives with the 3-year warranty card for the buyers.
8. Ryobi P423 18V One+ Brushless 4-1/2″ 10,400 RPM Grinder
Under 100$, this is our last but not the least model to offer you like the best angle grinder. The Ryobi P423 angle grinder is the one with a unique and versatile feature. It is equipped with an onboard spanner wrench.
The spanner wrench indicates its safe building and offers safe switching of the discs while using for multiple purposes. Again, for the easy use of the grinder from any angle the 3 position side handle is a great help.
The ergonomic grip handle is rubberized and covered with overmold. Resisting the unwanted skip of the handle from the grip it is built with care. For the easy depth cutting the grinder offers an adjustment of the tool-free guard.
All-up, the 18V power grinder is cordless and one of the best among the best budget cordless angle grinders.
- Weighs only 4.35 pounds and 4-1/2 inches wheels are featured.
- Comes with a motor that grinds the wheel at the speed of 10400 RPM.
- Arrives with 3-position handle and rubberized over mold handle.
- Constructed with an onboard spanner wrench.
- Designed for 18V batteries and featured with ONE+ Compatibility.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Angle Grinder
1. What to confirm before you use an angle grinder?
As an angle grinder is not a tool to play, you have to ensure its right adjustment before using it. Make sure each part of the grinder is tightly positioned. Ensure the wheel is screwed and locked into the right place pretty well so that no attachment hangs loose anyhow.
2. Do angle grinds spark dangerously while operating?
Well, an angle grinder sparks but is indeed tolerable when you are using the best ones. The small particles that spark while grinding are more likely to be cooled rapidly. Yet, maintaining safety measures is a must when you are doing such tasks.
3. Can you use an angle grinder for polishing?
Typically, an angle grinder is meant for grinding and cutting. Yet, there are many versatile grinders out there at a lower price that offers polishing purpose as well. It is always possible with an angle grinder offering variable speed.
4. Can a grinder be used for sanding purposes?
Sanding with an angle grinder is possible. In fact, your angle grinder is always ready to turn into a sander for the sanding purpose. The discs of the best angle grinders are made for easy sanding of the lots of surface wood.
5. When should one use an angle grinder?
An angle grinder is meant for versatile using purposes. Grinding of metal, cutting of cast iron pipe, pavers, and tile are the most possible tasks to do with it. Again, polishing, sharpening, and sanding are also possible with it.
Even if you are a householder, you will need an angle grinder for your small room renovating projects. Hence, we suggest you have the best one. The best angle grinder should have the capacity of serving for years even after its rough use.
Considering all the convenience that an angle grinder can offer, we highly recommend the DEWALT Angle Grinder Tool (DWE402).
Offering just the exact and expected features, our other recommended models for angle grinder are also worth giving a shot. Know your need, limit, and budget, and get any of the best angle grinder under 100 to accomplish a perfect grinding project.